Friday, May 1, 2015

Oklahoma City Temple

The night before going through the temple I couldn't sleep. I was so excited and anxious and maybe just a little nervous because it is a big deal and I knew it would be a very special day. It's so wonderful to know that God wants His missionaries go through the temple because He desires to greatly bless and protect His missionaries.

The spirit was so strong in the Celestial Room. That's where my dad informed me that the name he brought to be endowed proxy for was his dad's name, my Grandpa Gier. It was so special for him to do his father's endowment session and special for me that I was able to do my temple work the same day as my grandpa.

History lesson: The Oklahoma City Temple ground breaking was July 3, 1999. The Open House was July 8 -- July 22, 2000. And the Dedication was July 30, 2000. I can barely remember what I ate for dinner but when I walked into the Celestial Room a flood of memories filled my mind. I remember being there before when my dad took my sisters and me to see the temple being built, and singing in the ward primary at the Open House. I remember the layout of the Celestial Room, the gorgeous chandelier that hung in the center of the room, and putting on the little booties so my shoes wouldn't get the pristine carpet dirty. All that awe and wonder I had when I was and innocent child came back to me and everything was so clear. Even though I had no idea what was going on when I was younger, I knew temples were special. Going through the temple today, now that I'm older and can understand better, makes it so much more meaningful and special.





No comments:

Post a Comment