Monday, May 25, 2015

Mission Training Center (MTC)


May 20, 2015
I could not sleep the night before I went to the MTC because I was to anxious.   When we pulled up to the MTC, I was so excited to start!  My companion is Sister Hakansan.  She lived in the Tulsa area before her family moved to St. Louis in August.  The other set of sister missionaries is Sister Keil, from UT and Sister Gopinath, who is going to Las Vegas.   After sister Hakansan left, the other sisters and I became a trio companionship. They say if you can make it to Sunday at the MTC you can do anything.  It is true.  Sunday was such a wonderful break from the normal routine.











May 26, 2015
The second week flew by!  The MTC is a humbling experience for us and we are learning the importance of relying on the Lord rather than our own knowledge to teach the gospel.  I am so thankful for the Holy Spirit and for God's power.

Sister Keil and I are crazy as ever.  She brings the "sassatude" out of me!

Sunday, the trio was asked to speak on the topic of the Atonement.  The spirit was very strong in the meeting.  I don't know what I would do without the knowledge of the savior in my life - I would feel hopeless and lost.  Thankfully, His love is eternal and He is the Light of the world.  I have such a greater appreciation for my Savior and the Atonement since being at the MTC.
After lunch we went for a walk to the Temple.  It was such a beautiful day.  Monday, was our last day of classes.   It was sad saying goodbye to our incredible teachers, but I am happy that I can use all they taught me and apply it on my mission.  While I was about to fall asleep, it felt like blessings were literally pouring on me, like a waterfall, never ceasing.  Thank you all for your prayers.   It has made a huge difference.   The church is true, I love you!









   







No comments:

Post a Comment