Thursday, August 20, 2015

Lifted Up

Week 11   August 3-9

Monday, I received the package from you and I loved it!  Bubbles, very nice touch!  I had the BEST kill at P-day sports.  One of those overpasses that are just waiting to be smacked....ahh it felt so good!  I know I always talk about P-day sports but its is not the only thing I focus on all week, I promise.
Tuesday we had exchanges again.  This time with Sister Robinson in my area.  She was the sister that I went on my very first exchange with when I came on my mission.  Hi is super awesome but very, very cautious.  We walked into an investigators house and the investigator went into the back room to get her Book of Mormon, when sister Robinson's eyes got really big and she froze!  She then whispered to me and said with her eyes locked on the coffee table, "is that a real GUN!"  I tried not to burst out laughing then said, no, it is the Wii remote!  Haha!!
Wednesday, I was dead tired.  It was such a long day.  But we were able to to meet with Martin again and he said thank you for not giving up on him.  SO background story on Martin.  He has had a tough life.  I am pretty sure he has been to jail because there is no one in LV who has not been to jail.  He has meet with at least 3 other sets of missionaries before us.  Through fasting on the hottest day of summer we were able to find him.  He dropped us the first week and I thought I had failed completely.  Somehow I convinced him to come to institute on Wednesday and then we talked him into taking another lesson from us.  He heard a lesson from the Oct 2014 General Conference on Joseph Smith and his heart was changed.  He continued to progress more and more in the gospel.  The best part about being a missionary is the ability to see the Atonement applied in peoples lives.  Martin texted us that he wanted to be baptized and the 15th is the date!
Thursday, we had lunch at IHOP with sister Fingerle's family friends.  They were so nice! After that things went downhill fast. One of the ladies in our ward committed suicide.  It is horrible to think that Satan could have such a hold on her and gave her such false hope that she felt she could not continue in this life any longer.  It is one of the saddest things and the biggest lies - that there is no hope.
To make things even worse, Martin who had just committed to be baptized told us he did not want to be baptized because he did not understand how why thing like suicide happened and blamed the church for it.  So Satan may have taken one body and two souls.
Friday was better, we had zone training.  We have the best zone and everyone is like family.
Saturday we taught some less actives and some new investigators.
Sunday, after dinner we went to a candle light service for the girl who passed away.
  D&C 42:45  "Thou shalt live together in love, insomuch that thou shalt weep for the off of them that die, and more especially for those that have not hope of a glorious resurrection."
I am so grateful to have the knowledge that we will live again through Christ and my heart aches for people who are in pain for the loss of loved ones and who do not have this knowledge.  I guess that is why I am out here - to share this good news - the gospel of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer.

The Church is true.  I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment