Tuesday, October 20, 2015

One Day You Will

Oct 12-18th

Monday was a hectic. Sorry the previous email was shorter than most.
I'll actually probably make them less detailed because there are more
and more things that happen which means less and less time to write.
I'll just to just cover more of the unique experiences. I feel like we
never have enough time to do everything we want to on Pday. We are
determined to take some cool pictures next week for Pday. Normally
missionaries in out of valley just hangout with themselves but this
week we got together with our district and had a blast playing
basketball. Sister Kaufusi is a beast and we are determined to play in
the mornings for work out time cause we live right across from the
chapel and let's be real, I need to practice.

Tuesday, was my 5 month mark!! Crazy how time is flying by!
We had zone training in Lake Havasu and we didn't realize how long it
takes to get down there so we were just a little late... Oops!
Afterwards, we had exchanges with the STLs. Sister Sandoval came to my
area and sister Kaufusi went to kingman for the day. It was so much
fun catching up with sister Sandoval on the way home. I admire sister
Sandoval so much and we had a miracle filled exchange.
The Bombino family really opened up to us and agreed to have us come
over everyday!! They are progressing well and are excited to be
baptized. But I know Satan is going to work hard to pull them away.

Wednesday, finished with exchanges. It was such a neat opportunity to
go on exchanges with sister Sandoval because it really reminded me of
how far I've come. And the same things that sister kaufusi and I go
through, sister Sandoval and I went through. Sister Sandoval is a
great example for me she is always positive and I can really trust her
now. We laughed all night.

Thursday, we had an amazing day. Our Zone leaders called us in the
morning and challenged us to use our iPads in a street contact and see
if it helps get their attention. It totally worked! One lady was super
closed off to us but now she wants to learn more and we are meeting
with her this week.
We taught Scott and Dawna and they are putting a lot of trust in us.
The last time sisters where here Scott almost got baptized. So we are
hopeful we can make a difference. They also made us scrabble magnets
for our refrigerator!
Thursday night we drove to LV and sang hymns the whole way up. We joke
that Sister Kaufusi was playing basketball and forgot to get in line
when they were passing out the singing talent in heaven. We spent the
night at the mission home which was so nice of President and sister
Snow.

Friday, we rode to the temple with President, sister Snow and the
MSTLs. I love the temple it is always so wonderful and I learn so much
each time I go there. And it is always so beautiful!
We had weekly planning at the mission office and ate dinner at Panda
Express before going to Dijana's baptism in North Las Vegas.
We got there a early to help sister Lellis and her companion sister
Swindler set up. They had everything ready but 30 minutes before the
baptism was supposed to start they still couldn't reach the guy
who was in charge of filling up the baptismal font. Needless to say,
sister Lellis was freaking out so she started to try and fill up trash
cans!! Haha it didn't work. So we just started a little later than
usual. It was so great to see Dijana glowing with excitement and it
was nice being back up in North. I was asked to give the talk on
baptism. Dijana had to be baptized twice cause the first time her
knees were sticking up cause the water was so low. Sister Lellis and I
went into that little side area besides the font and we all hugged
each other. Sister Lellis and I were so filled with joy it was
indescribable. We started to tear up and it was one of those moments
when looking back at all the hard times it made everything worth it.
It is why I came on my mission.

Saturday we were busy busy busy! We had a lesson every hour of the
day! Our first two lessons were the restauracíon. Yes I had to teach a
lesson in Spanish. Sister Kaufusi doesn't know any Spanish and I have
only practiced here and there. Both lessons they people speak some
English but it brought a special spirit as I used the gift of tongues.
It was a neat experience.
All of our other lessons went great too. We've seen so many miracles.

Sunday, sister Kaufusi and I were asked on the spot to share our
testimonies since we are the new sisters in the ward. At the end of
speaking brother Bombino shouted "love you!" It was so funny. They are
the best family and I can't wait for them to be baptized. Rhythm,
their son, who is six told us that he wants to serve a mission and it
makes me so happy knowing that the work that I'm doing won't stop but
it will have eternal consequences.
Sunday evening was a desert monsoon so we had to wait it out inside
the church. The lightning was surreal. I love being in this area.

I feel like I'm leaving a bunch out cause it was a packed week but
that's the gist of it all.
Oh and everyone said "changing gears" here and it kinda throws me off.
The church is true. I love you!
Sister Gier







No comments:

Post a Comment