Monday, August 1, 2016

Ain't Nothing Wrong with That

July 26-31st

New area...new stories. My companion and I got double transferred into
the Heritage ward. Previously sisters covered the Pueblo ward and the
elders cover the Heritage and River Mountain ward, but now the elders
cover the River Mountain and Pueblo wards. I'm back in the same casita
from when I was serving in the YSA ward 3 months ago. Driving down the
same roads bring a lot of flash backs. The Heritage ward is 1mile x
1/2mile. Teeny tiny! When we synced our area book there were absolutely
zero investigators or even potential investigators. We are building
from the ground up! Because it's such a small ward geographically, it
means that there are a lot of strong active members. And of course
they adore sister missionaries!

Sister Daulton, my companion, is from Indiana. It's kind hard to
describe her.  She LOVES dogs. I means is crazy about them. There has not
 been one hour since we've
been companions that she hasn't mentioned a dog story. It's been an
adventure for sure! One member said "you guys fit... One is chill and
one is no where near chill." 
At night we do a 750 piece puzzle of owls. It is good bonding time and
calms me down. So if you have any puzzles send them my way!
It reminds me of something sister Sandoval taught me in my first
transfer. Everyone is going to have a role in heaven. Even if they
don't seem like it. They are important. You just have to imagine what
their role in heaven is. For example a gate greeter. Sister Daulton
would be good at that.

Saturday night at 2am I was woken up by a sound of a whimpering puppy
and a call for my name. Sister Daulton was crying in the bathroom
because of a bad headache. I tried to console her and she threw up
about 6 times for the next two hours. We had pasta for dinner so I had
flash backs of when Natalie threw up in the back seat in Dallas after
a volleyball tournament. I don't do well with cleaning up throw up but
that shows that no matter what I really do care about her.

On Sunday I went to church with a member while she stayed with another
member. The ward was happy to have us and a huge miracle happened! A
girl named Jessica moved into our area, came to church and wants to be
baptized! We are meeting with her this week.

It was weird being on the other side of things during the district and
zone meetings. I'm glad I don't have the stress of leadership anymore
but because I have been in that position I'm more observant on what
they should be doing. 

The miracle of the week: sister Daulton thought it would be a good
idea to have a specific prayer for a new investigator. She prayed that
we would find a family and we would recognize them because they have a
golden retriever. That night as we were walking to our car in the rain
we felt impressed to knock on one more door. A guy named Fred opened
up and a golden retriever puppy ran out. Fred is a southern baptists
and his wife and two kids are Catholic. He said he was extremely busy.
We gave him a Book of Mormon and read Moroni 10:3-5 with him. The
spirit was strong and we said a prayer before we left. As we walked
away we could see him sitting on his steps reading the book. We are
going to try and visit him again sometime soon.

Other spiritual thought. Comes from elder Utchdorf. "When I speak to
our young missionaries, I often tell them they are in the middle of
their missions. Whether they just arrived the day before or are to
depart for home the day after, I ask them to think of themselves as
always being in the middle... Thinking of themselves as always being
in the middle of their missions will embolden and energize these
faithful representatives of the Lord. As it is with full-time
missionaries, so it is with all of us... Being always in the middle
means that the game is never over, hope is never lost, defeat is never
final. For no matter where we are or what our circumstances, an
eternity of beginnings and an eternity of endings stretch out before
us.
We are always in the middle."
I'm still in the middle but the middle is coming closer to the end!
Less than 4 months!

Love ya!
Sister Gier






No comments:

Post a Comment