Sunday, July 5, 2015

FOURTH OF JULY

This week was something else!  Monday, we woke up early and drove to the edge of our area where there are no buildings and took pictures as we watched the sunrise.
One of our investigators, Martin, that we had asked if he wanted to be baptized called us and told us that he wanted to be baptized on the 18th!  It was a miracle.  Now I will be busy teaching him all the lessons before he gets baptized.  We were told that on Saturday we would be receiving transfers and that President Snow emailed me and mentioned he has something special planned for me the next few transfers...  Most likely Sister S will be transferred so we have been organizing our records.  She has had such a great relationship with the ward so everyone is sad that she will be leaving.  As a missionary you learn to love your investigators so much.  Sister S will be sad to leave the area.
Wednesday, we taught Martin...he had a lot of questions about Joseph Smith.  We encouraged him to continue reading the Book of Mormon and gain a testimony of the gospel and everything else would fall into place.  It finally RAINED!  The silhouette of the mountains that the lightening caused was gorgeous!
Thursday we had mid-12 week so I had to drive to Paradise.  We taught Martin in the evening.  He asked if they had alcoholic drinks in Heaven.  I said, "no", and he said, "Man that is what the other sisters were telling me!  But if they do, I'll buy you a drink when we get up to Heaven!"  I think he still is missing the spirit!
Having members come out with the missionaries is so helpful.  When you get the chance go out with the missionaries and I promise you, you will be uplifted!
Saturday, we went to the park and helped people set up for their parties and they invited us to come back later.  It is cool to see the disposition of the people change from when we started helping them until when we said goodbye.  It is because we had the Spirit with us.
We caught the end of the 4th of July choir concert at the stake center.  Later in the evening we were walking in our neighborhood and there were many people shooting off fireworks.
So.. the moment we you been waiting for...I am staying in the North Star young single adult ward and I will be training a new missionary.  I've only been here 6 weeks.  I'm not done with my training yet!
This is such a humbling and encouraging assignment.  God and President Snow must have a lot of faith in me.
Sunday, Martin told us he was no longer interested in learning about the gospel.  So sad.  But everyone has their agency.
I am grateful to live in this country and to serve my mission to better the country.  I am thankful for the members in the ward and in the church.  I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and lived an honorable life.  I know that God has called Thomas S. Monson to be the prophet on earth today.  I know that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior of the world and the Son of God.  I know that we are children to our Heavenly Father and he wears and answers our prayers through the Holy Ghost.  I know that the Book of Mormon is the work of God and is has greatly blessed my life and made me the person I am today - a daughter of our loving Heavenly Father.  I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
Love, 
Sister Gier








No comments:

Post a Comment