Sunday, June 28, 2015

HOT IN HERRE

On Monday, we played laser tag.  Missionaries can play for free.  It was awesome!  And of course, I held the Gier name well.  Elder Riley (from OK) actually had the most points so he won but since we were on the same team all is well.
In the evening we tried visiting one of our investigators named Rei, but he was not there but his brother was and said, "Hey, I know you guys go around praising God, but can I get your number?" HAHAHA!   Umm sorry, we don't do that!
On Tuesday, we spoke with a guy about the For Strength of Youth standards and read scriptures with him.  I love the standards!   I think it is awesome that they are for everyone not just the youth.
For dinner, a member took us our to Famous Daves.  Yes, I ate my entire dinner.  And the member who took us was amazed that I could eat so much and made me take his leftovers home with me.  This member is incredible.  He was in jail for 5 years but you could never tell now.  He is living the gospel of Jesus Christ and has such a light about him!
Tuesday we street contacted a lady who was wearing underwear on her head! So that was different.
I love the members in the ward they are so nice.
It was 117 degrees on Thursday!
We stopped by a members house Friday evening, she had lost her job earlier that day. Even though it was sad, she was able to come to church on Sunday and found a better job.  God works in mysterious ways.
Today was hard emotionally and physically.   So sister S and I read inspirational quotes.
Saturday was much better!  We got slushes at 7-11 - that is probably why. And we had a planning meeting so we were out of the heat.
Sunday was insane. We had so many investigators and less actives at church is was hard to keep up with all of them.  But that is a good thing.  We taught one investigator about the Atonement and the power it has on us.  There was not a dry eye in the room.  A member had dinner for us and served a cherry dessert just like cranberry salad from Thanksgiving and Christmas!











No comments:

Post a Comment