Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Maps

July 11th-17th 

Pday sports were in Anthem this week which are a little less exciting
but the zone leaders came and I challenged Elder Angele to a game of
Horse. The loser had to by the winner an ice cream cone... I won. It
was fun we made some crazy shots!

Tuesday sister Koyle and I went to the temple because it's going to be
closed for cleaning for a while. It was great! I always love the
temple. The bishops wife took us and in the way she was asking us for
parenting advice because her daughter is in her terrible teens stage.
Thanks for raising me right...or maybe I was just a good kid.

A recent convert, from before we came to the area, invited us to come
to a bar called the Blue Martini so she wouldn't be the only one not
drinking. Nice. Check that off the missionary bucket list!

We had an FHE with a part member family, the Prices. The dad and
oldest son aren't members. After the spiritual thought we played a
basketball game. Let me tell you, the years of playing basketball when
I was younger have blessed me for this moment in time. I played really
well and now they think the sister missionaries are cool and are so
much more open!! Blessing from being athletic!!

This weekend we had a mini missionary from one of the elder's wards
with us. She was so fun! Saturday morning we were going to have a
sisters breakfast for the sisters in the zone and make crepes. We went
to the store because we had forgotten some ingredients and the mini
took a video of sister Koyle and I riding on longboards. I miss long
boarding. Too bad it will be too chilly when I get back!

Ryan was gone this week for scout camp and for a family's wedding
reception. He really missed us. When we were talking to his mom she
said that she was going to write a letter to president so sister Koyle
and I can stay together. I have a feeling I'm getting transferred and
going back to the city. There aren't many places I haven't served. If
I go there I'll be working with Elder Jones who was my first district
leader and Elder Gonzalez who was in the MTC with me. We saw them
today and they said they are going to get the APs on board.

We are teaching a family from Cebu! We may need Nate to translate.
Stay in tuned with how their conversion goes!

The new Pokemon Go game is changing missionary work! Most of the time
people don't come out of their houses in the summer because it is so
hot. But now there are people and families everywhere!!! It's a
miracle! I'm going to try and get president to let me down load it to
my iPad! Haha it's a great conversation started!

On of the new investigators we found was sitting on her porch smoking
when we walked up. She had talked to missionaries before but has never
been religious. We talked for a while and then she said "I have a
question. I've asked all the missionaries and no one has been able to
answer it." Sister Koyle and I swallowed hard! And she asked "if
Christ has atoned for our sins which do people still judge and
persecute the sinners. For example people judge me for having
tattoos." It was a more complicated question but that was the gist of
it. I can testify to you that the power of the Holy Ghost is real and
it gives you the words to say. Afterwards sister Koyle told me she
didn't know how she was going to answer it so she was glad I did.
Immediately my mouth was filled with what she needed to hear to have a
better understanding of the atonement and of agency. I testified that
Christ truly did atone for each one of us and we can be forgiven of
our sins and mistakes. But people are not perfect. We judge others and
that is a weakness and a sin. Just as much as having a tattoo. We are
here to become better to change daily and to become more like our
Savior. We can't judge each other to cover up our own short comings.
This life isn't a race where the first five get to heaven but it's a
team event where we are helping each other get back to our Father in
Heaven. She felt the spirit with this answer and said that she had
never thought of it like that but she was grateful someone could
finally answer her soul searching question.

The church is true.
Love you!
Sister Gier

PS we declined the invitation to go to the Blue Martini!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment