Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Overjoyed

Week Ending Feb 1st

So here is my weekly summary:
The weather was nice.  We played volleyball and basketball on our day and hiked up a mountain.  So exciting and cold.  Found out Elder Chamber's dad went to the same high school as you which is kinda weird.
Tuesday Elder Corbridge fro the 70 came and spoke to us.  It was great seeing sister Kaufusi (she is serving in North now).  She told me 5 people from Bullhead that we found and taught were baptized. Wednesday we went to the temple with Sister Vaaie and Erickson.  It was a perfect day to go.  There were not many people there since it was early and had just reopened the day before.  I love going to the temple.  It gave me peace of mind and was just the thing I needed!  Plus it was a gorgeous day!
Thursday we finally thought Sabrina.  Earlier this transfer Bishop Olsen asked me to speak in sacrament meeting and it was super spiritual.  Immediately after the meeting, a brother, Brother Cordova, who I had never met before, came up to me and gave me the information for a friend he wanted my companion and I to teach.  This does not happen very often.  Unfortunately she was living in Henderson at the time but just moved into our area.  She had already started to read the Bokk of Mormon and had questions like, "do you worship Joseph Smith?, what are you called Mormons, etc".  We started the lesson by getting to know her better and she is from the south side of Guthrie, OK!!!  Isn't that incredible!  We taught the lesson and the spirit was so powerful.  Then we asked her to be baptized on the 12th of March and she accepted the commitment and started tearing up.  You could tell the gospel was something she has wanted very badly.  In a tender moment Brother Cordova looked at me and said "remember the poem"?  He was referring to the poem I shared in my talk 5 weeks earlier.  It told a story of how two spirits knew each other and were best friends before this life but how one was born with the gospel in their life and one without.  The one without begged the person with the gospel to find her and share the blessings of the gospel.  The spirit was immense.  We promised Sabrina that we would find her and bring here the gosple.  How wonderful it is to be part of this great work.
Transfer news:   I am going to Henderson!  I am getting a double transfer into a YSA ward there and will still be a STL. I am super nervous because this are is harder that what I am in now .  My new conniption is Sister Bedont.  She is from Washington and come out a transfer after me and was sister Wilde's trainer.  I am on my 7th companion.  I must be a trouble maker!  I over the Eldorado, Lake Mead and Black Mountain stakes so if anyone knows somebody there, let me know!
I am sad to be leaving this area.

Love you!
Sister Gier








No comments:

Post a Comment