Thursday, March 24, 2016

Up and Down

March 7-13th

We got a new car and did some shopping on day.  We went to a member's house for dinner and some fun games.   We played ping pong, putt putt golf and pool.   It was a gorgeous house.
On Tuesday, we met a man who argued that Moses came down with the 10 commandments and it did not say anything about the Word of Wisdom...but the guy was atheist...so why was he standing up for Moses and the 10 commandments?   I was with sister Lee in Boulder City for exchanges and we had some blue bunny ice cream!   We taught a lady who is getting baptized this Saturday about Temples.  She said she did not believe in eternal marriages.  Sister Lee later told me how sad my faced looked when she was saying that.  I guess I need to hide my feelings better.  The lady and her less active husband also struggled with believing Thomas Monson is a prophet and that the Book of Mormon is completely true.  They wanted archeological evidence of the Nephites and laments.  Afterwards sister Lee said , sister I don't know if it is all true, I want to believe it is but I can see on your face that you know it is true so I believe it is true.  I love the promise in the scriptures and it is also on my plaque, that the mysteries of God will be unfolded.  I know that if we study and pray and look for the answers God will give them to us when we are prepared.  I have a testimony and I KNOW that the Savior Loves and that Joseph Smith was a prophet called y God to restore his kingdom on earth again.  I know that the church of Jesus Christ of LDS is God's kingdom on earth.  I know this because the Book of Mormon is true and I know it and it shows on my face.
Next week we do not have exchanges so I am excited to be sister Bedont's companion!  And Kalista and Lance are getting baptized back in my old area.





















No comments:

Post a Comment