Wednesday, March 30, 2016

L.i.f.e.g.o.e.s.o.n.


March 21-27th

Pday we drove on over to the mission office to pick up a bike rack for
the zone leaders because one of them was sick. Then we just went
shopping, emailed and planned for the upcoming transfer.
Our ward mission leader told us about an investigator that he found on
the blitz with one of the missionaries but we never go the information
for him. The member told us that he lived on Fir St so before FHE we
told him we would meet him there because he was running a little late.
The street stretched pretty far and we were worried we wouldn't find
our member or the investigator. We parked, waiting for our member when
suddenly he pulled up and said "this is it! You sisters found the
address!". We had no idea what he was talking about but it turns out
the spirit lead me to pull up and park right in front of this persons
house!! It's amazing!

Tuesday was an off day (not to mention it was super windy). We had
lunch with a member and some friends and I realized that... And I hate
admitting to it... But I might as well get it out there... I am
awkward. Yes, it's sad! I don't know how to hold a normal conversation
and I relate everything to the gospel! It's super weird! I never
thought I would come to this point, but it's here.
The rest of the day we got a lot of "no's". Honestly I've received
more no's in this area that I have my whole mission... Well except for
maybe Bullhead. But "no's" just mean "not now" to a missionary .
At night we met with the Zone leaders to plan for this transfer and
make a vision. We told them how today was rough and how I laugh at
everything, instead of cry, when I'm emotionally unstable. And elder
Branning was like "yeah you sisters look a little off today" haha

Honestly Wednesday and Thursday were rough. We didn't teach any
lessons with members or find new investigators.
Then all of the sudden on Friday it exploded! We more than doubled our
numbers just in 3 hours on Friday.
We also got to meet the new sisters in our district. All of them, even
the ones who have previously been in the district, have very distinct
and strong personalities. Sister Bedont and I look like plain janes
compared to them. So it will be interesting how these individuals all
work together! We are having mini interviews with them this weekend
which will help us get to know them better. Because they have some great
potential!
We have this new investigator, Jordan, we were teaching him and
talking about baptism and he was like "hold on let me check my
schedule... I don't have any plans this Wednesday, can I be baptized
then?" Sister Bedont and I were in awe!

Saturday we had to save some sisters. Sister Lellis was biking and got
a huge gash on her foot so she got 7 stitches. So we made a trip to
the urgent care and she should be okay in a few days.
That night we went biking too. When we were in the house my head light
worked but I tried it again when we were about to leave and it went
out! We called the owner of the casita to see if he had extra
batteries. Finally we hit the road and it's all Gods timing because
right as we had gotten off our bikes the girl we were looking for
pulled up! We taught her about the atonement and Book of Mormon!
Then we had a little extra time and biked down the street. To a lady
who moved from Oklahoma! I showed her a picture of the okc temple. She
said if she ever went to church she would go to a Mormon church. She
loves learning about church history. We shared Mosiah 16:7-9 and she
teared up a little and asked for a copy. We gave her our number and
raced back to the sisters to interview them. Mosiah 16:7-9 has been my
favorite scripture to share this week:
7 And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands
of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should
have no sting, there could have been no resurrection.

8 But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory,
and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.

9 He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is
endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is
endless, that there can be no more death.

While biking, I had trouble with my gears...ironic. Sister Bedont and
I compared it to the one video where the owner holds its little dog
over the water and it's kicking it's legs really fast like its
swimming... Haha yeah. That me!

Sunday I felt light headed the whole morning. I was eating a drinking
normally. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I did jumping jacks
during comp study to try and snap out of it but let me tell you that
didn't work either. Sister Bedont ended up driving that day cause she
was afraid I was just going to fall over and pass out! Haha it wasn't
that bad I promise!
Our investigators came to church and one of them, Collin, decided he
liked church and wants to be baptized on the 30th of April!
We had fajitas for Easter dinner. Typical for Las Vegas. The members
here are super thoughtful.
Dena gave us a bag of Easter eggs for us! So sweet!

Sorry this email is so choppy!
One more thing a member told us about an analogy that I loved! The
spirit world is like when your mom tells you to do the dishes before
she comes back home. Hearing the garage door is the breaking point. If
you've done the dishes then you're calm and in "paradise". But if you
haven't done the dishes then you're stressing, "fearful looking for
the fiery indignation of the wrath of [Mom] upon them" Alma 40:14
Just think about it.

Hope you had a great Easter!
Love you!

Sister Gier

No comments:

Post a Comment