Monday, April 11, 2016

Days Go By

March 21-27th
Monday, pday, we went shopping, emailed and planned for the upcoming transfer.   Our ward mission leader told us of an investigator.  We never receive the information on where exactly he lived.  We only knew he lived on Fir st.  We drove up the street and parked hoping to meet up with the ward member and investigator and amazingly, I parked right in front of the guys house!

Tuesday was an off day (not to mention it was super windy).  We had lunch with a member and some friends and I realized that ...and I hate to admit it..but I might as well get it out there...I am awkward.  Yes, I said it!  I don't know how to hold a normal conversation.  everything relates to the gospel for me.  It is super weird.  I did not think I would come to this point but it did.  The remainder of the day was a "NO" day!  I've received more no's in this area than in all the other areas combined.  No's just means not now to a missionary.
Wednesday and Th were rough...no lessons to investigators.  Then on Friday it explodes.  We doubled our numbers in 3 hours.  We also met the new sisters in our district.  They have very distinct and strong personalities.  Sister Bedont and I look like plane Janes compared to them.  So it will be interesting to see how all the personalities work together. We ha e a new investigator named Jordan.  We were teaching him about baptism and he said wait...I don't have any plans for Wednesday..lets do it then!

Saturday we had to save some sisters.  Sister Lellis got a huge gash on her foot - 7 stitches so we made a trip to urgent care and It was NOT very urgent...
Later that night we were out on bikes and we ran into a girl that we were looking for and taught her about the atonement and Book of Mormon.  Then we biked down the street and ran into a lady from Oklahoma.  I showed her the picture of the OKC temple and she said if she ever went to church it would be to a Mormon church.  she loves learning about church history and we shred Mosiah 16:7-9 and she teared up a little and asked for a copy of the BofM.  "And if Christ has not risen from the dead, or have broken the band of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no sting, there could have been no resurrection.  But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.  He is the light and life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death.

Sunday, I felt light headed the whole morning.  Not sure what was going on, I was eating and drinking normally and I even tried jumping jacks to snap out of it.  Nothing worked.  Later that evening we had Easter dinner with a family, fajitas!  Dena gave us a bag of Easter eggs...so kind.

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!
Love you!
Sister Gier


No comments:

Post a Comment